Here at Freelancer News we are all about looking after you! To prove our commitment to the cause we have built a Freelancer Finance section that is home to anything related to your accounting or general financials. Whilst we are not financial experts in every area that will affect you whilst freelancing, we aim to offer up guidance and important information you should be aware of when venturing out into the freelance world.
Our website already covers a number of financial related areas – below are a few shortcuts
- Everyone needs an account, even freelancers! – Head over to our Freelance Accountant guide to get all the information you need.
- Knowing how much to charge for your work when first starting out as a freelancer is vital. Check out our ‘how much to charge guide‘
- As a freelancer/contractor you need to be aware of IR35 and how it will impact your tax. Check out our IR35 guide.
- As a Freelancer, what is the best way to arrange a pension? Read our guide to pensions
- General Freelancer Financial guides – Part One Part Two
- Get all the information on How to register as self employed
- Our advice on setting up a business bank account when freelancing
We hope the above guide pointers will help you find what you need around any financial questions. The website does hold much more advice and guidance around financially related problems/questions, so please take time to thoroughly search the website and find the answers you need.
Sole Trader and Ltd Company setting up guides
We would also like to point you towards two very helpful guides from The Accountancy Partnership. One is the full low down on setting up as a Sole Trader, an option most new Freelancers would opt for, here is the download link
Secondly is a guide on setting up a Limited Company, again very useful information. The download can be found here.
Something we haven’t covered?
If our pointers above don’t cover your financial questions or if you can’t find what you need on the website, then drop us a line and we will do our best to help out!